Friday, November 26, 2010

Vegan MoFo! Post #14 Magic Marinade Tofu.

I'm back. And I've got a pretty tasty marine recipe to share with you. I invented this recipe late at night in Pennsylvania on Thanksgiving Eve. I had some leftover tofu that I used to make Deathrow Mac 'n Cheese (recipe for that forthcoming) that I just had to bake.

I used whatever I could find in my mom's kitchen. I thought the result was pretty delicious, but don't take my word for it - my 5-year-old cousin loved it. In fact, she gave it a literal "thumbs up." This is why it's called "magic" marinade. ;)

M a g i c  M a r i n a d e  T o f u

Ingredients:

3 oz Pineapple Orange Juice (1/2 of one of those little cans)
3 TB soy sauce
2 TB rice vinegar
1 TB sesame oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp hot cherry peppers (the chopped up kind you'd put on a sandwich)
1/2 tsp salt

12 oz of tofu (3/4 a standard block), pressed for a few hours

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.  Pour some into the bottom of a wide, shallow bowl. Place rectangular stripes of tofu on top. Pour more marinade over the tofu. Make sure each piece is saturated. Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge overnight (or at least 30 minutes if you're really in a hurry). Place the tofu on a cookie sheet in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees F. Bake for approximately 15 minutes on each side.

Allowing the magic to seep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment