Friday, November 12, 2010

Vegan MoFo! Day 7: FREE CYoFC-Approved Cookies!

I'm not sure exactly what day of MoFo it is, but I do know that this is my 7th post! I am determined to catch up, however, and catch up I WILL!

Anyway, here I'm going to share with you my new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I think it merits saying that I don't actually even like chocolate chip cookies that much, but I like these. They're that good.

Here it is:

C Y o F C - A p p r o v e d  C h o c o l a t e  C h i p  C o o k i e s

Ingredients:

2 cups flour (white)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cinnamon <--the crucial ingredient, in my opinion!!!
1 cup sugar (either the "evaporated cane juice" or "raw turbinado" kind)
2/3 cup olive oil, yes I said olive oil

1/4 cup orange juice or soy milk
2 tsp vanilla extract1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, but add more if you like!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the chocolate chips. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and oil. Add the vanilla and orange juice/soy milk. Form small patties (for larger, flatter cookies) or balls (for smaller, rounder cookies) with your hands and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet 180 degrees and switch it to the other oven rack. Bake another 4 minutes and then check every 2 minutes. Be careful not to overbake - take the cookies out while they are still soft! They will harden once they cool.

I made one sheet of bite-sized cookies, which started out as balls of dough.
Then I made one sheet of bigger cookies, which began as plump patties of dough.
A warm plateful of cookies on blue China makes me feel all domestic.

Oh and by the way, I made these for the Bitchcraft Trading Post that I'll be participating in this Sunday. How much will they cost, you ask? Oh, they'll be going for FREE.

That's right. Free. I am going to be baking like a mad woman and bringing the vegan goodies with me to hand out to anyone who stops by my table. My "shop" is called "foodchain," and I make and sell jewelry, re-usable lunchbags, totes, clothing, and more. I make my stuff with only VEGAN materials, so NO fur, feathers, ivory, shell, wool, leather, etc. I also try to use recycled materials as much as possible.

By the way, Bitchcraft Trading Post consists of me and a bunch of other Los Angeles-based artists, artisans, craftsmen/women, and vintage collectors.

Tell your friends and family who live in LA, Glendale, Pasadena, Long Beach, etc. That would be awesome. :)




Once more for good luck: FREE VEGAN BAKED GOODS FOR EVERYONE*!

:)

Peace,
CYoFC

*While supplies last. So come and get 'em while you can!

2 comments:

  1. Back in undergrad, the co-op I lived in was named Ferry and we used to do "Mobile Ferry Operations" in which we would get dressed up (we had a lot of different costume pieces), grab musical instruments, rig up bikes with wagons trailing them and parade around the campus, making music. We also used to hand out vegan baked goods...for free. This freaked people out and they were very suspicious. Sometimes we would do Mobile Ferry Operation without the mobility and have a stand in which we would trade lemonade or hot vegan cocoa (depending on the weather) for "a joke, a song, a story, or a hug.' We nicknamed Mobile Ferry Operation "MoFO." So I think this is fitting. If I hadn't been working all day, I'd have been there. Not only for the free vegan cookies, but kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I LOVE that! And yes, *so* fitting, right down to the MoFO. I want to have something like that in Los Angeles. It'd totally fit in. Hopefully we will have another Bitchcraft event soon, so you can come to that one. :)

    ReplyDelete