Thursday, September 4, 2014

Polenta Bruschetta

100x100_r2100x100_g2100x100_r2100x100_g2100x100_r2100x100_g2

It's Vegan MoFo, Day 4!

Today's recipe uses leftovers from yesterday's Californian Bruschetta recipe, with the addition of sauteed spinach and Kalamata olives, and polenta instead of bread. You can mix and match the toppings however you like. Makes a great appetizer, party snack, or meal on its own.

Toppings combinations, from left to right: sauteed spinach + tomato mix + sliced olives; ricotta mix + tomato mix; ricotta mix + tomato mix + sliced olives

P o l e n t a  B r u s ch e t t a

Ingredients
pre-cooked roll of polenta*
olive oil
2 cups fresh baby spinach, sauteed (optional)
Kalamata olives, sliced (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Lightly oil a cookie sheet. 
  3. Slice polenta log into 1/2'' slices (the log I used made about 12 slices).
  4. Cover each slice with any combination of the following: a heaping spoonful of the ricotta mixture, a heaping spoonful of the tomato basil mixture, a spoonful of sauteed spinach, and a few slices of Kalamata olives.
  5. Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes.


Notes
*I used the 18oz package of organic, pre-cooked polenta, from Trader Joe's

_________________________________________________________________________________
P.S. I missed the deadline to sign up for the Vegan MoFo RSS feed/blogroll, so if you enjoy my posts, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if you added me to your feed! 

If you aren't sure how, here's an illustrated how-to guide I created! Or, if you're using feedly, you can simply enter "chooseyourownfoodchain" in the search box, click on my site, then add me! 


Here's my RSS feed url, if you need it: http://chooseyourownfoodchain.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

P.P.S. You can also find me on Instagram 
(http://instagram.com/megvegmeg). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment