Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Recipes: Kale Salad!

Just because I want to spread the magic, I'm going to tell you how to make kale salad.

....It's not just any salad, mind you...

...It's...

photocredit.
...kALe sALaD!

You'll love it, I know it. If you don't, you can send it over to me and I'll eat it. :)

But seriously, I am amazed at how many palates this salad has pleased. I made this as a side dish for Xmas dinner last year, and my entire family loved it - this, coming from a family comprised of much Italian heritage! (Yes, it's a little-known fact that I grew up on my late grandmother's cooking: homemade meatballs, manicotti, lasagna, you name it.)

This salad is also a favorite among my housemates and a lot of our friends. Speaking of whom, I must credit Everett for discovering this recipe on the good ol' internets a long time ago...Thanks for passing this along to us, Everett!

Without further ado:

K a l e  S a l a d:

Ingredients:
1 or 2 bunches of kale, rinsed and cut up
1 large carrot, chopped into slices
1 red pepper, diced
2 scallions, chopped into slices
1 4''x4'' square of baked tofu, chopped into little rectangles (Trader Joe's Teriyaki style is what I use)

Dressing:
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup Vegenaise (Follow Your Heart brand)
2 TB soy sauce
2 TB rice vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly.

Toss the vegetables and the dressing together in a large salad bowl.

Then tell me what you thought!

Kale salad with a side of organic pea shoots.

The handiwork of me, Shenee, AJ, & AJ's other half. photocred.

6 comments:

  1. NOM!!! One of my favs! Thanks for posting the recipe, but to be honest, I'll never make it. I'd soooo much rather you make it for me because then I get to spend time with YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! And let's be honest, lady, you just love me for my cooking. ;) kidding <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're right. it's good. you should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try it and let you know. :) It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, I can't wait to hear how you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete