Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vegan MoFo! Post #1: Let the MoFo COMMENCE!

Oh, I'm so excited about this year's MoFo! Oh, the delicious and fun experiments I have planned! Oh, don piano!

This is how it's gonna break down:

Foods That Heal  I'm really into alternative medicine and healing, and I've been wanting to have a better understanding of the healing properties of different foods. I'll explore this from various perspectives: Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, herbalism, and others. Of course, all remedies I post will be vegan.

photo cred.

Foods of Various Cultural Cuisines  I'm gonna discover what I never would've discovered before. I'm also gonna re-visit some all-time favorites. This will be all over the place, geographically. Hey, wanna be included? If you have an old favorite that your Burmese/Malian/Swedish/Bulgarian/Brazilian/Mayan/Lebanese (you get the picture) Grandma used to make, send it to me and I'll make a veganized version to post! You and your heritage will go down in vegan infamy.

photo cred.

How to eat vegan on a shoestring budget  Broke? Me too. Let's figure this out. I started The Barebones Vegan Kitchen during last year's MoFo and plan to continue throughout this year's. Follow me as I explore how to subsist - no, flourish - as a vegan with no cash in the bank! This is also useful for helping your broke friends become vegan, promoting the notion that veganism can be accessible to more than just the middle-upper class, removing the financial barriers....veganism for everyone!!!!

Mice forage for food as a primary means of survival. photo cred.

I will rotate among the themes throughout each week of MoFo, so that within every week, you will have the opportunity to see what I've got cookin' in all three of these categories. Sometimes the themes will naturally overlap, as well.

So there you have it. My triple-threat theme for Vegan MoFo 2011. Mangia, my pretties!


Stay tuned for another post later today...

6 comments:

  1. Great themes! Really looking forward to reading about the foods that heal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kath :) Glad you like! Let me know if you have any particular requests for the healing topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dig the healing attributes of food. Terrific themes. Happy MoFo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I'm really interested in the foods that heal. Those are some great themes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Foods that heal sounds so exciting, I'm all for alternative medicines myself so I'm really looking forward to your posts.
    Happy MoFo'ing
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all! I'm super excited about discovering new ways to heal the body with delicious recipes. Can't wait to share!

    ReplyDelete