Friday, September 23, 2011

Updates and Forecasts!

It's been a few months since I last posted, and a lot has happened.

First, I successfully defended my dissertation in July.

Naturally following from this, in August, I graduated! I am now Doctor Foodchain. Or, Foodchain, Ph.D., if you like.



AM 

DONE. 

!!!!!!!!!!

After finishing, I traveled around the east coast a bit. I re-visited some of my favorite vegan cafes and sampled other vegan hot spots for the first time. Reviews to follow in the coming weeks.

Once I returned to LA, I threw a celebratory pool party. 


A rare piece of French impressionism, likely from the splash pool collection.

Next up was a road trip to the deserts of Nevada. A camping trip happened. I learned how to survive without running water - in the desert - for a week. I fractured my tail bone. I saw lots of cool art and practiced radical self-reliance. 

A scene from Black Rock City, NV

Yeah, ouch.
photo cred: http://tailboneinjury.com/

As I slowly heal and seek employment, I will also be participating in Vegan MoFo. This is my second year in a row. You can find my 2010 MoFo posts here.



I have some pretty amazing sh*t planned for this year's MoFo. 

photocred: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blog/list?tag=Acrobats
'til then,
dr. foodchain

me & nico. she's not big on still shots.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Doc! I hope you feel better and will see yoiu at MoFo! (year 2 for me too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much, GiGi!!! Glad to hear that you're doing MoFo again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome. Look forward to seeing you at MoFo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guess what you won another award!! check out my blog. http://gigi-2boomers.blogspot.com/ today. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey GiGi, thanks for the award! Unfortunately, I went to the page and it said "the page that you are looking for in veganville does not exist."

    ReplyDelete